A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J. Maas
Looming war threatens all Feyre holds dear in the third volume of the #1 New York Times bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses series.
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin’s manoeuvrings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit – and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well.
As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords – and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
In this thrilling third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Sarah J. Maas, the earth will be painted red as mighty armies grapple for power over the one thing that could destroy them all.
First of all, I love the book cover! I mean, look at that DRESS!!!! It was made of shadows and darkness, fitted for the High Lady of the Night Court. I was thrilled reading the third book so much because it started with Feyre’s revenge. And is there anything sweeter than revenge? The first part was sooo…soooo good that the latter part has paled in comparison. I was hanging on every word, I could barely contain the anxiety and excitement…. Unfortunately, the story has dragged from the time Feyre went back home. Buuuuuut. Expect drama and tears. Tears and more tears towards the end. Okay. So, I was kind of all-Tamlin in the first book, then I was all-Rhysand in the second. It surprised me that I’m totally fond of Cassian here. For being the warrior that he is, his loyalty and love and mostly his sense of responsibility. I like Azriel too. Can I just say, all three Illyrian guys!? That’s just how amazing these characters are. It’s hard to choose a favorite. Seriously, I’m still drunk with starlight, wings, and darkness. This whole series consumed me with my heart still shattered from too much emotion. It kills me not to read the next book, which is unfortunately not yet available.
Best parts of the book(spoilers ahead)
- Feyre’s revenge to Ianthe and Tamlin- this was so good that I’ve expected the same thrill all throughout the story. And failed. This was the best part. The manipulation and deception. Spying. And seeing how Tamlin and Ianthe had fallen…Swweeet!!!
- Killing the two Hybern daemati- that was epic! My second favorite
- Meeting with the High Lords
- The attack at the library
- Getting Elain back from the Hybern camp and Tamlin throwing himself to save Feyre- wheeew! I was holding my breath
- THE War- the most awaited war, right? This where I loved Cassian, though I was hoping for more action and fight scenes. This is included on my best parts list ONLY because Cassian was really amazing here.
- The three immortals- the weaver, the bone carver and the ”thing” in the library. Awww… how they swept the Hybern army. *whistle
- Amren’s death- no, I did not cry. It was hard to breathe but I held it in…and then…
- Rhysand fucking died!!!!- I cried! Ugly tears. Because it is RHYS, you guys… When the bond had snapped and there was nothing, it triggered the downfall of tears. My heart wasn’t prepared for that.